New this fall-
May 21, 2013
"A Post-Racial Era in the US?"
March 19, 2013
Does more ($) mean more green (trees)?
November 20, 2012
How Unethical are You?
Discrimination and Prejudice: Is it all in your head?
CFAES Diversity Professional Development Support Fund Application
CFAES Diversity Professional Development Modules
Diversity is differences among people including age, class, ethinicity, gender, ability, race, sexual orientation, spiritual practices, size and many other human differences. The diversity development section of this Extension HR website is a resource for OSU Extension and the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences staff, faculty and students. Send diversity related facts or community events to Kathy Lechman.
Why "Diversity Unity Community"?
- Diversity: CFAES values a welcoming and inclusive environment
- Unity: CFAES faculty, staff and students are committed to each other
- Community: CFAES offers a sense of belonging for all
- Slogan and logo offer a visual identity for diversity efforts and were developed with student, faculty and staff input
CFAES Diversity Professional Development Opportunities 2012-2013 Academic Year - Open to all OSU and public - click here
May 28- June 1, 2013 New Orleans, LA
26th Annual National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education
October, 25 & 26, 2012, Ohio Diversity and Leadership Conference
January 22, 2013, 4:00 - 5:30, Room 214, 4-H Center
February 20-22, 2013 Tri-State Diversity Conference, Bridges to Cultural Inclusion
March 28, 2013, 4:00 - 5:30, Ohio Union Traditions Room
- Appalachian Culture through "Pure Orange Sunshine" presented by Bob Henry Babe
- Click here for podcast
April 12, 2013 Second Annual Diversity Leadership Symposium 8:30-4:00 4-H Center
(CFAES faculty, staff and students only, lunch is provided so you must register)
- "Latinos in Agriculture"
- Amish Culture
- Click here for Podcast
May 10, 2013
June 7, 2013
February 15, 2013
CFAES Diversity Catalyst Team
- 20+ faculty and staff from departments throughout the college including OARDC and ATI make up the team.
- The team's mission is to "Create a climate of inclusion and inspire an appreciation of diversity"
- Click here to view members of the team
What does the Catalyst Team Do?
- Provide recommendations to VP Cabinet addressing issues raised in the climate survey and concerns from the University Diversity Plan Analysis
- Serve as role models and ambassadors of diversity and inclusion to CFAES
- Develop professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
For more information see the Change Agent States Project