CFAES Diversity Mini Grant-Guidelines and Application-click here
CFAES Professional Development Fund Guidelines and Applicaiton-click here
August 13, 2013
"White Power, Privilege, and Supremacy: Roadblocks to Eqitable
May 21, 2013
"A Post-Racial Era in the US?"
March 19, 2013
Does more ($) mean more green (trees)?
November 20, 2012
How Unethical are You?
Discrimination and Prejudice: Is it all in your head?
Diversity is differences among people including age, class, ethinicity, gender, ability, race, sexual orientation, spiritual practices, size and many other human differences. The diversity development section of this Extension HR website is a resource for OSU Extension and the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences staff, faculty and students. Send diversity related facts or community events to Kathy Lechman.
Why "Diversity Unity Community"?
- Diversity: CFAES values a welcoming and inclusive environment
- Unity: CFAES faculty, staff and students are committed to each other
- Community: CFAES offers a sense of belonging for all
- Slogan and logo offer a visual identity for diversity efforts and were developed with student, faculty and staff input
- National Conference on Diversity, Race, & Learning
February 7, 2014 Diversity Leadership Symposium
February 20-22, 2014 Tri-State Diversity Conference,
Celebrating our Journey-From Awareness to Action
May 5 & 6, 2014-Ohio State University Office of Diversity and Inclusion
May 27-31, 2014 National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education,
(CFAES faculty, staff and students only, lunch is provided so you must register)
CFAES Diversity Catalyst Team
- 20+ faculty and staff from departments throughout the college including OARDC and ATI make up the team.
- The team's mission is to "Create a climate of inclusion and inspire an appreciation of diversity"
- Click here to view members of the team
What does the Catalyst Team Do?
- Provide recommendations to VP Cabinet addressing issues raised in the climate survey and concerns from the University Diversity Plan Analysis
- Serve as role models and ambassadors of diversity and inclusion to CFAES
- Develop professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
For more information see the Change Agent States Project